Thursday, April 18, 2013

Interspecies Gay Marriage

I don't care if you have three legs and are purple, if you have found a love so dear that you want to express it with marriage,  I applaud you.

Gay marriage is a hot topic these days and the other night over dinner a few friends and I were discussing it.  I said off the cuff, "Yeah, once gay marriage is OK with the government I am going to see if it acceptable to marry my dog."  "That is what they are saying," they chimed in.  "What?"  "Yeah, people are saying if they allow gay marriage then soon people will want to marry their pets."   "Really?  Are you flipping kidding me?"  Honestly?  People can be idiots.

For years I have talked about marrying my dog.  Mormons have sister wives, why can't I have a dog wife??  There are so many reasons why we are such a good match.  Some human couples aren't this SIMPATICO. 
Others are jealous of our love because:
  1. We understand each other completely.
  2. We are 100% loyal to one another.
  3. We are super protective of each other.
  4. We have so much in common. We love to swim in lakes, hike, nap, camp, watch Netflix and backpack.
  5. We accept each other exactly as we are. 
As no relationship is perfect, cons to this union:
  1. I pay for everything.  I get home from work and the house isn't clean and my dinner is not made.  She doesn't have a job.  She is somewhat of a deadbeat.
  2. Intimacy is an issue.  She doesn't even like it when I hold her paw when we are watching movies.
  3. She doesn't know how to use the toilet.
  4. She is a bit of a bed hog.  
All kidding aside, I think we should shout from the rooftop any time two people are in a commited loving relationship and want to seal the deal in the eyes of god.  Never in my life has anyone else's marriage interfered with my day to day life.  NEVER. 

8 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be nice if you could teach your dog how to clean the dishes :) No, but really, I am with you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish they could vacuum. If a genie granted me three wishes, that would be one of them.

      Delete
  2. Great post! Thanks for making me smile in the midst of all that is going on:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it made you smile. I continue to think the world is a good place and people are inherently good. I need to remind myself of that in light of the recent events.

      Delete
  3. So true and so well put. Love is love - it is to be embraced on ALL levels. Great post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. there are so many injustices in the world. Love between two people should not be one of them.

      Delete
  4. AMEN, sister. I just don't understand why it's anyone's business who loves whom. After all, isn't the point to have more love in the world?? Speaking of... I love the pic of you and your pooch. What's his name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sox is my special needs wife (dog). Her pancreas doesn't work so she has to have enzymes break down all of her food first. She was the dog to a little old widow for 6 years before she had to go into a nursing home. When I adopted her she had such little old lady energy. Now she is perhaps the craziest dog I have ever had. I call her Demando. We all love her so much!

      Delete