Friday, April 26, 2013

Make Your Own Weight Loss Chocolate

Weight loss chocolate?  No, this is not some late night infomercial attempting to scam you.  If you are a certified chocoholic this could be the best blog you have ever read.  This recipe is healthful, takes no time at all to whip up and contains 2 superfoods that have been shown to raise metabolism (plus a whole host of other goodness), raw cacao and coconut oil.  The marriage of the two is beyond words.


My converted microwave:  Smoothie and Chocolate Making Warehouse

The Recipe:
(Thank you Ingrid Arna for introducing me to this daily indulgence)
Ingredients
4 heaping tablespoons of raw cacao
Sweetener to taste.  I use around 1/8 teaspoon of stevia.
1/2 cup of unrefined coconut oil


Melt the coconut oil. Place jar of oil under a warm tap, use a double boiler or create one.  I use my pyrex cup and place it in a saucepan 1/4 full of water and heat on medium.  Once the coconut oil is melted, add the cacao and sweetener and mix well.
Pour melted chocolate into a shallow pan.  You want a thin layer.  I use an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet.  After you have poured your mixture, see below for additions.  Put and keep in the refrigerator. You don't want it to melt.  Break into pieces once cooled and consume responsibly.

Now it's your turn to put a creative spin on it.  Add shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, almond slivers, gogi berries, certified therapeutic grade essential oils (I have tried peppermint, wild orange, and lavender) and spices.  Spice really adds a kick to the flavor.  To date my favorite creations include:  

gogi berries, coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds
curry powder, sesame seeds and coconut 
orange peel, currants and wild orange essential oil
cayenne pepper, almond slivers, and chopped dates

Easy peasy.  May the wind rise at your back and may you always have a pan of this delectable homemade goodness in your fridge.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Looking forward to trying this! :)
    Eithne
    www.trueessencecoaching.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you will make it often. So many delicious favors. I added dried blueberries to my last batch.

      Delete
  2. Nothing is a better combo than mixing coconut oil and raw cacao. I would add to it coconut flakes and cayenne ----and I will as I will probably make this later. Need my fix before my cleanse Thursday!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great combo. I try to make a new flavor each time. Enjoy!

      Delete